User Tag List

Page 1093 of 4084 FirstFirst ... 93 593 993 1043 1083 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1103 1143 1193 1593 2093 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,930 of 40840
    First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early Tuesday Morning. Flores y Rodriquez Canonazo Maduro...6.75x58. Good no nonsense cigar,lots of smoke once setalight.
    Odd taste like.....Bubblegum & Straw,I was told. No wait...that was the wine. Never had any Bubblegum.
    The bottle of French White that came first was really good.
    Correction... the French White wine bottle looked ok. The French White Wine was very good.

Burn time: An Hour and Thirty Five Minutes...for the cigar.

First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    I know that they are quite tasty Alan but are these sticks going to last your entire vacation????

ALAN....Who or what is that .. spooky, hooded all in white figure with the "off white tail' in the backlground?
    Do you have many like that vacationing in Oregon this time of year?
    Don't often see tailed folk like that here abouts, think the wind blows 'em off of the Widowwalks.

If you manage to catch one, send it to RODWHA for classification.

Might be a new Albino variety of Ring tailed cat.
    Last edited by allusred; 01-16-2018 at 11:45 PM.

3. Likes AlanS, LazyLightning, rodwha, Brimy, WNYTONY liked this post
    Royal Bum cheaphumidors's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Kayla
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jumpin’ Railcars and Collectin' Cans TCBSmokes's Avatar
    First Name
    Tom
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwha View Post
    Late last night the Weather Channel claimed I was getting snow so I grabbed a hand rolled cigar that I made and went to the garage:

As you can see my second attempt (being the better looking of the two) wasn't too pretty. But it burned wonderfully for the first boring half. But midway it burned uneven and became a bit harder to draw. However it began to gain a bit of character. By the end I found that it wasn't very dense as it was a bit squishy.

The filler was Dominican Seco Criollo '98, the binder was Nicaraguan, and the wrapper was Ecuadorian Seco Shade.

The mold measures 48 x 4.9" and this one didn't fill the mold. I suppose it's not bad for a purely hand rolled stick, but I clearly didn't orientate the leaf correctly. I was focused on ensuring the veins were running straight down the length of the body. Watching the video again afterwards I see he places the leaf at a 45* angle so that's what I'll try next time. According to the dude in the video I could use 3-5 filler leaves. The first that was made with 5 and was a hard squeeze for the mold as he said was good. The second I tried 4. I'll not being that again quite yet.

The copper fitting that came with the kit doesn't cut a large enough cap. I'll be ordering, by recommendation of @Marc L , an Olfa 18 mm rotary cutting tool.

I had rehydrated some old 69% Boveda packs for my leaves. It's been a couple of weeks so I may try again soon.

With the lack of character I'm considering purchasing some Moduro wrapper leaves (1/4 lb?) from LeafOnly. Not sure if I'll just add the Ecuadorian Seco as filler, but was wondering about rolling them as intended and adding an additional wrapper. Or maybe I'll keep it for trying cigarillos with the scraps.

Wow. Nice attempt, looks tasty. And thanks for the "run-through". Demonstrates what an art these things we smoke truly are.
    Last edited by TCBSmokes; 01-17-2018 at 11:14 AM.

6. Thanks rodwha thanked for this post
    Likes LazyLightning, Brimy, WNYTONY, allusred liked this post
    Administrator jhedrick83's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Jesse
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuTechCoM View Post
    A little New Job celebration!!!

*Note to self* If you're gonna use your wife's Bobby pin for a nub tool make sure it isn't coated in hairspray.
    Congrats! That is an awesome combo!
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
    ― Maya Angelou

Go Vols!

First Name
    Alan
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More foot prints in the sand..
    Don’t wait for the storm to pass. Learn to dance in the rain.

First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allusred View Post
    ALAN....Who or what is that .. spooky, hooded all in white figure with the "off white tail' in the backlground?
    Do you have many like that vacationing in Oregon this time of year?
    Don't often see tailed folk like that here abouts, think the wind blows 'em off of the Widowwalks.

If you manage to catch one, send it to RODWHA for classification.

Might be a new Albino variety of Ring tailed cat.
    The big question is whether or not they are edible. And then which wood to smoke them over. Any idea @AlanS ?
    "Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

"I ask not the favor given to Paul," Copernicus said, "I seek not the grace bestowed upon Peter--but I beg the mercy granted to the thief on the cross!" - Alexander Smellie 1899

"Amen....wine, beer or whisky can cure a lot of problems, or start a shitload of others!....." - droy1958

First Name
    Chris
    Corner of Alabama Getaway & Shakedown Street
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second snow in less than 2 months, but was still able to enjoy a Four Kicks before the sun went down, and the temp. dropped.
    Last edited by LazyLightning; 01-17-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart

11. Likes Brimy, WNYTONY, rodwha, jhedrick83, AlanS liked this post
    Jumpin’ Railcars and Collectin' Cans Marc L's Avatar
    First Name
    Marc
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwha View Post
    .... The copper fitting that came with the kit doesn't cut a large enough cap. ...
    LO's youtube channel has a vid showing to use the outer edge for the cutting edge. imagine rotating it to increase or decrease the size of the cap.
    tobacco .. roll with it

13. Likes rodwha, WNYTONY, AlanS, Brimy, LazyLightning liked this post
    First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc L View Post
    LO's youtube channel has a vid showing to use the outer edge for the cutting edge. imagine rotating it to increase or decrease the size of the cap.
    I did use the outer edge. But it produces such a small cap (~50 ring maybe).
    "Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

"I ask not the favor given to Paul," Copernicus said, "I seek not the grace bestowed upon Peter--but I beg the mercy granted to the thief on the cross!" - Alexander Smellie 1899

"Amen....wine, beer or whisky can cure a lot of problems, or start a shitload of others!....." - droy1958

15. Likes WNYTONY, AlanS, Brimy, LazyLightning liked this post