Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bum Humi advice

Hi Guys!

I've been thinking about buying a humidor after smoking a few cigars so I don't have to keep going to the store haha Im lazy.I don't really know much about them or want to waste my money on a shitty one.

I am worried that I will get one that is not the right size then I will end up having to buy another one because I don't really know what to look for and I am new to this.

Saw some options compared on this site and I am leaning towards the Case Elegance one.

https://puffclassics.com/best-cigar-humidor/

I have a budget of $150 and I still need to get a decent cutter! Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally something that I can't mess up lol, something simple.

Thanks for the help

First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what you buy it won't be big enough.
    Unless you want something pretty on your desk or table, the cost effective solution is a larger Tupperware. Aka tupperdore.

Administrator jhedrick83's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Jesse
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StogBog View Post
    Hi Guys!

I've been thinking about buying a humidor after smoking a few cigars so I don't have to keep going to the store haha Im lazy.I don't really know much about them or want to waste my money on a shitty one.

I am worried that I will get one that is not the right size then I will end up having to buy another one because I don't really know what to look for and I am new to this.

Saw some options compared on this site and I am leaning towards the Case Elegance one.

I have a budget of $150 and I still need to get a decent cutter! Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for the help
    It will never be big enough! I would make sure that you spend money on a good cutter first. A terrible cut will ruin you experience when the cigar starts coming apart because it mangled the cap. Once you have a really good cutter, you'll never look back. Josh's advice of a tupperdor is great. Get a big piece of tupperware and some Bovedas and use that for now. Just keep it out of direct sunlight to help manage temp and humidity swings.
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
    ― Maya Angelou

Go Vols!

First Name
    Ryan
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys!

Thanks for the help
    Amazon has the Audew 150 count climate controlled humi for $198 and a $40 coupon that can be applied at checkout. It’s a couple bucks above your budget but my recommendation would be this or go the Tupperdor route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Name
    Ryan
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CI has these two cutters as well. $32.50 and $25 respectively if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Bum
    First Name
    Steve
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys!

Thanks for the help
    You might reach out to member Cheaphumidors aka Kayla and see what she would recommend.

What is best for you will depend on what area of the country you live and its climate.

A great place to start out is with a Tupperware container and using Boveda packs for humidity control. 65% Bovedas is a great place to start and its cheap. $20-$25 and it will keep your cigars without worry. As you learn more you can get something more pleasing.

A word of advice, don't go buying boxes or even 5'ers of cigars until you really learn what you like. It takes time for your pallete to develop and you don't want to end up with a bunch of cigars you really have no desire to smoke a year or two from now. Limit your purchases to 1 or 2 like cigars until you grow in the hobby.

Golf Course Bum WNYTONY's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Tony
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said - start with tupperware and bovedas until you decide whether this is a long term hobby for you. No sense in dumping money into something you'll soon outgrow if you decide to continue or something you will no longer need if not. If you decide you want the nice look and "feel" of a desktop humidor and don't mind spending for it - check out CheapHumidors and talk with Kayla
    No cigar until you get a par - birdie if it's a scramble !

First Name
    Mark
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Save your money for cigars at this time to figure out what you like. If you get something larger, you will be compelled to fill it. Empty space is a vacuum. No sense in filling it with cigars you may not enjoy down the road.

Royal Bum Brimy's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Brian
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As everyone has said, unless you're aching for a show piece, go with Tupperware. Probably the BEST seal that you can get to maintain your rH.
    And you will have more coin to fill it/them.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar
    First Name
    Emperor
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post
    ...Empty space is a vacuum...
    And as we all know, Nature abhors a vacuum.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

11. Thanks Nature thanked for this post