Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far not happy with xikar new rma process

Now you have to mail in your lighter or cutter. I sent in my axia as it was leaking out the burner. They replaced it but didn't send me an axia. In fact it's a cheaper lighter than what I sent in. On the plus side it only took a week but I want my axia back!

2. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes AlanS, allusred, Brimy liked this post
    First Name
    TJ
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh lucky 13 View Post
    Now you have to mail in your lighter or cutter. I sent in my axia as it was leaking out the burner. They replaced it but didn't send me an axia. In fact it's a cheaper lighter than what I sent in. On the plus side it only took a week but I want my axia back!
    Oh man! I know they've changed ownership and heard things about the warranty process - but to.semd back a cheaper lighter is BS!

Keep us posted!

4. Likes AlanS, allusred, Brimy liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is xikar reply. I am still arguing over this as there was No communication other than automated updates. They also gave no options on replacement choices.

I want to apologize for any miscommunication and inconvenience that this has caused

Unfortunately, the item you had sent in was a discontinued item so we would no longer have any replacements in stock. We typically have these items replaced with a newer model.

It seems that your Axia had a leaking fuel valve and was deemed as irreparable.

In this case, your item was replaced with the ELX Gunmetal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Brimy, allusred liked this post
    Administrator jhedrick83's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Jesse
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh lucky 13 View Post
    Here is xikar reply. I am still arguing over this as there was No communication other than automated updates. They also gave no options on replacement choices.

I want to apologize for any miscommunication and inconvenience that this has caused

Unfortunately, the item you had sent in was a discontinued item so we would no longer have any replacements in stock. We typically have these items replaced with a newer model.

It seems that your Axia had a leaking fuel valve and was deemed as irreparable.

In this case, your item was replaced with the ELX Gunmetal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    So they just decided to replace it with something else and not even tell you and not offer to send your back to you? That’s some right there. I guess they assume you will just say that it’s better than nothing and move on. I hate to hear that for you and in general for Xikar. Did they offer you anything else other than this weak sorry?
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
    ― Maya Angelou

Go Vols!

8. Likes Brimy, allusred liked this post
    Jumpin’ Railcars and Collectin' Cans CentralTimeSmoke's Avatar
    First Name
    Sean
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of MSRP, it looks like the ELX is the same price as what the Axia was--about $60. If the Axia is indeed discontinued, I don't think you can expect much more. Shame they weren't more communicative. Seems like an Ellipse is more similar stylistically to the Axia than the ELX.

This is why I stick to cheapie vortex lighters. If they break (which actually has never happened to me--I usually lose them before they have the chance to break) I can buy another three pack for like $20, which includes a can of fluid.
    Last edited by CentralTimeSmoke; 02-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.

10. Likes Brimy liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhedrick83 View Post
    So they just decided to replace it with something else and not even tell you and not offer to send your back to you? That’s some right there. I guess they assume you will just say that it’s better than nothing and move on. I hate to hear that for you and in general for Xikar. Did they offer you anything else other than this weak sorry?
    Not yet I posted their response here then replied to the email. I basically told them that this just raises the fears most of us have with their buy out and concerns about quality and customer service. I also said that if a replacement is deemed necessary for a discontinued product they need to let people know first and give options. I also stated that with the old policy I could go into a local store and swap it out then the store could get an update a win win. I will see what they say. Also the msrp is about the same but went to half a dozen sites and only a couple have it for msrp.

12. Likes Brimy, allusred, chain_gang liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralTimeSmoke View Post
    In terms of MSRP, it looks like the ELX is the same price as what the Axia was--about $60. If the Axia is indeed discontinued, I don't think you can expect much more. Shame they weren't more communicative. Seems like an Ellipse is more similar stylistically to the Axia than the ELX.

This is why I stick to cheapie vortex lighters. If they break (which actually has never happened to me--I usually lose them before they have the chance to break) I can buy another three pack for like $20, which includes a can of fluid.
    Axia was $70 I know because there are a few places that have them for sale for that. There is one place that is cheaper and I may replace my axia with a new one. I have also thought I may see if local B&m will do a trade. But will see what xikar does first

14. Likes Brimy, allusred liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no reply from Xikar, it's been almost 2 weeks. Walked over to local B&M to see if they might have an axia and be willing for a trade, they didn't have one. So another lighter in a box. I will replace my axia myself then done with Xikar. Guy who owns the B&M said his xikar lighter sales have dropped since buyout.

16. Likes allusred liked this post
    First Name
    TJ
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a conversation with a local lounge owner and he's pretty frustrated by it too: People stop by the shop and take it out on him that Xikar changed the rules.

18. Likes allusred liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal gunner View Post
    I had a conversation with a local lounge owner and he's pretty frustrated by it too: People stop by the shop and take it out on him that Xikar changed the rules.
    Yeah I can see how some would take it out on them. My b&m was pretty sympathetic sounds like he may have swapped out with me if he had it. He also admitted the elx is a cheaper lighter than the axia. It's not the B&m fault but that's how they used to sell the lighters, if there was ever an issue bring it back and they would fix or swap.

So now this gets stuffed in a drawer. I will replace my lighter I love and hope it lasts me as long as my first axia did. I got too much xikar to just get rid of it all besides that's just infantile. But I dont see xikar coming out with anything else that I will buy from them. I will no longer sing their praises.

20. Likes jhedrick83, allusred liked this post