• Moving over my cigar collection from tupperware to electric humidor. Pics and review!
  • Moving over my cigar collection from tupperware to electric humidor. Pics and review!

User Tag List

Freshly Homeless
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving over my cigar collection from tupperware to electric humidor. Pics and review!

I had the chance to review an electric humidor by a brand called Audew, model JC-23C1. Listed specs are as follows:

• Holds 150 cigars
    • Temperature can be set between 54-74F (12-24C)
    • Cooling via Thermoelectric Technology & Inverter Technology
    • Dimensions - 18.00 x 10.00 x 20.00 Inches
    • Weight - 25.60 Pounds

When I took the electric humidor out of the box, I first thought it looked like my PC case. The dimensions were almost the same as well. The casing is a nicely coated metal and the front is a beautiful mirrored tempered glass.

I have a cabinet in which I wanted to house the humidor and the length was literally 1 inch too long and the cabinet doors wouldn't close completely, so I measured out the humidor and actually used a jig saw cutter to cut out the backing so it would fit LOL. I also attached a small LED light lamp on the ceiling of the space super close to the door edge so that when you pull out the cigar trays, it will be extremely clear and bright to see.

I had a bunch of cigars I was willing to move over, some from my current wooden humidor that I stock to smoke immediately and some from my storage which are fail-proof in tupperware with Bovedas. But first I had to season it and really watch the humidity levels because that is what I thought was most fussy, temperature is usually on par with these types of mini coolers.

As I wiped down the interior and the wooden spanish cedar shelving, I come across some quality control issues with accidental cuts from the machine saw they used. Not a big deal to me because I do not prioritize this personally, as long as it is sturdy and strong, my cigars would be covering these anyway.

I seasoned for 2 days with a cup of distilled water and temps set high to create more evaporation, I threw in 2 x 65% Boveda bags. It was time to slowly unload my cigars and continue adjusting for humidification levels.

I actually haven't bought any new cigars in 4-5 years. I decided what I liked back in 2014-2015 and went on a crazy cuban cigar purchase binge. 60% of my cubans are from FoH and 35% from iHavanas and CoH. Before Reddit banned cigar trading I had a great time meeting people on cigars and I was able to procure some more rare cigars. You'll see that in the end I was comfortable even placing those in. The youngest of my cuban batch are 2015 marcas and also picked up some non-cuban full body cigars along the way like Tatuaje and Padron. Here's how the humidor looks stocked now.

Humidity rose after stocking it full and adding my non-cubans which were sitting in 72% humidity. After a few days I got it settled to these readings. It was also a good time to confirm and re-calibrate all my temp/humidity readers. Setting the humidor temp to 69 causes the upper deck temp readings to show 67 degrees. Slightly inaccurate but honestly I'm happy to see its properly cooling.

It's been 2 weeks of careful monitoring and I must say humidity retention is a non-issue and I am enjoying showing off the electric humidor to my friends and let them pick anything they want to smoke.

Some last thoughts:

The LED inside is not bright because each level of trays will cause a dark shadow below

There is a slight electric hum but its another non-issue, it is not loud and it cools so fast it does not last long

The Spanish Cedar trays that came with the humidor smell wonderful

It truly is a set it and forget it type storage which is literally all you want for cigar storage

2. Thanks Ciro, allusred, chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes AlanS, josh lucky 13, Brimy, WNYTONY liked this post
    Administrator jhedrick83's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Jesse
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. Feel free to shoot us an introduction as well if you like.
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
    ― Maya Angelou

Go Vols!

First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good

5. Likes Ciro, Brimy, allusred, chain_gang liked this post
    First Name
    Ciro
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice! Enjoy!

7. Likes Brimy, josh lucky 13, allusred, chain_gang liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice write-up

9. Likes Brimy, josh lucky 13, allusred, Ciro liked this post
    Royal Bum
    First Name
    Steve
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. I hope it lasts you many years. Were you able to empty all of your tupperdors into it? I take it you have no affiliation with the company?

First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking set up, home for some fine cigars. Welcome to Cigarbum.
    Last edited by allusred; 05-22-2021 at 11:59 AM.

12. Likes josh lucky 13, Ciro, chain_gang liked this post
    Royal Bum
    First Name
    Steve
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have been served a SPAM sandwich. OP left the site right after posting this and hasn't been back to the BUM since. Does the thread need deleted along with his account? There are very few things I truly hate in this world, but SPAMERS is one of them. Just sayin!

14. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Ciro, jonjon liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smokey View Post
    I think we have been served a SPAM sandwich. OP left the site right after posting this and hasn't been back to the BUM since. Does the thread need deleted along with his account? There are very few things I truly hate in this world, but SPAMERS is one of them. Just sayin!
    But i like how he pointed out the flaws with it.

16. Likes Old Smokey, Ciro, chain_gang liked this post