Lonely Wandering Bum
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cigar rush Macanudo Cafe Court

Been following for awhile but first post . First I have enjoyed a cigar from time to time for many years . I lean toward the mild/medium side . Never really had any issues or bad feelings till other day . I hadn't had a Macanudo Cafe Court in long time and I picked one up with a few of my more regular ones at my Cigar store . My gran girls were staying over a few nights and toward evening they went to play on the swing set and I planned to sit back on the porch and enjoy my cigar but of course before long they wanted me out there pushing both of them . Well doing that and keeping my cigar in corner of my mouth I sucked it down pretty quick instead of the more normal maybe 30 minutes or so pace . Afterward I felt like had a rapid heart rate for most of the night . I had a full stomach and was sipping on a Root Beer soda over ice smoking cause we had made them floats also . Day later I smoked a regular stick with no effects . Granted I am no long term vet but no newb either with cigars . My 1st question is do you think the rush was from the fast smoking pace instead of the more enjoyable slow burn or 2 has Macanudo changed to more of a punch then in the past . I noticed the taste wasn't as good as I remember when lit it up and to me felt it had more of a bitter after taste . I know to watch any health stuff but this felt more like the time I was a teen and tried cigs 1st time and last time or the times a friend gives me a more stronger cigar the use to .

2. Likes WNYTONY, allusred, droy1958 liked this post
    First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. My first thought is too much nicotine probably from smoking too fast. Sounds like you checked many of the boxes I would suggest full stomache sweet drink. While these are tips to reduce the nicotine effects it could still affect you. Need a few more cigars to verify!

4. Likes WNYTONY, allusred, Nature liked this post
    First Name
    Bob
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcone to the Bum Josh. My guess would be smoking too fast while being active inadvertently inhaling too much smoke. Again, Welcome aboard.

6. Likes Old Smokey, WNYTONY, droy1958, Nature liked this post
    Lonely Wandering Bum
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I was pretty surprised when I stepped back to take a draw and saw how much ash was on it . I will pick up another Cafe Court next time to the store and try again and see how it hits me and how it taste .

8. Likes chain_gang, WNYTONY, allusred, Nature liked this post
    Lonely Wandering Bum
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok picked another one and sat on the porch and relaxed while smoking it . Was no fast heart beat or anything this time . Over all was lot better smoke but to me the taste seemed off from what I remember from way before but maybe that's cause of my taste still being a little off from 2 bouts of covid or what . Maybe just fact getting older !!!! No biggie I got other ones I enjoy better . Maybe one these times I will find that mystery cigar been searching for !!! Several years back I got a whiff of a guys cigar at a store and it was the best smelling cigars I ever have smelled . Been kicking myself in the butt for not asking what it was !!!!! When I pick up a few cigars I always get one I never had before . Maybe one of these times I will light one up and go WOW THAT'S IT FINALLY !!!!!

10. Likes chain_gang, Old Smokey, allusred, Nature liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Bum. The Macanudo Black was pretty good - ever had it? This is a good place to find out about cigars that are new to you.

12. Thanks soonerfan66 thanked for this post
    Likes WNYTONY, allusred, Nature liked this post
    Lonely Wandering Bum
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks . No I haven't tried the Black yet . May grab it next time I go to pick up a few .

14. Likes WNYTONY, Old Smokey, allusred, Nature liked this post
    Golf Course Bum WNYTONY's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Tony
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a nic kick from smoking fast. Quicker heart beat and chest tightening are the telltale signs. Should have sat on the swing and had them push you while you enjoyed your cigar ! Welcome to the Bum
    No cigar until you get a par - birdie if it's a scramble !