Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang View Post
    Old Smokey,
    Thanks! Does the name lend itself beyond cigars? Just bought my first Weber and have been enjoying smoky meats.
    CG, no meaning other than I am old and I smoke. I am a Weber Kettle guy! They are more versatile than I thought. Checkout (YouTube) a Vortex. Are you familiar with the snake method for doing longer (4-6 hour) smokes?

2. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smokey,

Never heard of the snake method, but will look into it and the videos. I haven't fully smoked anything yet, only grilled while add chips to the coals to impart some smoky flavor.

4. Likes Old Smokey, Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tombstone,

This is my third attempt to respond to you - I'm probably noob'n something. Anyways, if the other two pop up and I'm over-posting like a noob, please bring the heat.

The Asylum 13 Fifty was tremendous. Med+ I'd say, not too bold and a little spicy. Flavor was solid and enjoyable throughout. 1-2 bucks off Cbid, and it was money well spent.

Asylum is 2/2 in my book. Lookin to check out more from them in the near future. If you haven't given them any attention, you may want to rethink it. Try the 13 Fifty and the Medulla Oblongata. You'll thank me later.

CHURCH!

6. Likes josh lucky 13, Tombstone, Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    Kevin
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang View Post
    penna,
    Thanks! What's a cigar you'd recommend for a med/full fan and why?

Old Smokey,
    Thanks! Does the name lend itself beyond cigars? Just bought my first Weber and have been enjoying smoky meats. Who doesn't enjoy making their own bubbles in a bath, or am I missing something?

jhedrick83,
    Thanks! Any podcasts you'd recommend? Ever listen to any of the podcasts I mentioned?

restomod,
    Thanks! I live in Virginia Beach, VA. Yourself?
    Upstate NY for me, and on the cheaper side I will interject for trying the Diesel line if you come across them.

Also just throw an @ symbol in front of someone's name when making the post. Like just write @jhedrick83 or @AlanS like 80 times and blow up their notifications its fun.
    Last edited by restomod; 06-30-2020 at 09:06 PM.
    BFM/KCCO

8. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    First Name
    TJ
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

I too started off in Illinois, but am currently residing in Southern California.

Right there with ya on the '64 Maduro - love 'em!

10. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Old Smokey, AlanS, Ciro liked this post
    Golf Course Bum WNYTONY's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Tony
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Cigar Bum @chain_gang and thank you for your service. That's a great group of brands on your list - I'm a bit of a Tatuaje fan myself.
    Kick back, make yourself comfortable and feel free to join in the ruckus - we're a pretty playful crowd.
    I get down to your neck of the woods every once in a while, I have a sister that lives in Smithfield. It's a nice area, but that traffic is a killer !
    No cigar until you get a par - birdie if it's a scramble !

12. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Old Smokey, jhedrick83, Ciro liked this post
    Administrator jhedrick83's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Jesse
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CG-

Cigar Related? I like anything with Cigar Coop, I think the one he does now is called Prime Time? I haven't listened to it in a long time as I drive way less than I used to! As for Podcasts in general, I like Revolutions with Mike Duncan (tours of famous revolutions in history, he also did a History of Rome Podcast that was excellent) and How I Built This with Guy Raz. I've never heard of the podcast you mentioned but I'll have to check it out.
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet."
    ― Maya Angelou

Go Vols!

14. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Old Smokey, Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SoCal gunner
    Thanks! Never ventured down to Socal myself, but do travel to the Camarillo area (1.5 hr N of LA) for work once or twice a year for work. It's a cool area to explore if you-'ve never been. Cool parks, Malibu, PCH, winding roads along moutains cliffs with no rails, top notch scenery and beaches, desertish and also lush - quite a different landscape from IL and VA.

@WNYTONY
    Thanks! Tats are my current favorite brand, with the Black being my go to. Any tips on how to score the limited releases? I scoured the net for the MBS, but don't want to drop $40 for one that's included in a kit. Smithfield is a pretty cool place. We go there at least once a year to do the Windsor Castle Park and check out the cool downtown area. If you come to Virginia Beach, check out Emerson's for a great selection and nice lounge.

16. Likes Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jhedrick83

I've got How I Built This favorited, but haven't listened to it in awhile. I only remember listening to the Shake Shack episode. My wife and I were huge Shake Shack fans and it origin was interesting.

Haven't heard of the cigar podcast you mentioned but will look into it. I've got a buddy who shares an office with who listens to a youtube cigar show (cigars daily maybe). I used to listen to Cigar Dave, and still have his show favorited, but haven't listened to him in a while.

I enjoy checking out new and interesting podcasts. Let me know if you'd like more recommendations.

Please check out the Church Of What's Happening Now - it was my daily ritual to listen, and I'm trying to go back to Church daily. Be aware though, it's pretty vulgar, but raw with real conversations, and a good insight into mostly the host's life, the comedy industry and lives of comedians.

18. Likes Ciro liked this post
    First Name
    TJ
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    724 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @chain_gang - what part of Illinois (don't pronounce the S) are you from?

20. Thanks chain_gang thanked for this post
    Likes Ciro liked this post