Scott
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A homecoming!

The first pipe I bought was probably six years ago, a Nording freehand natural, paid $65 for it. This was my first infatuation with pipes, I smoked a pipe when I was much younger in my teens but never at this stage of my life to this point. The pipe was also my dads so I didn’t buy it. Long story short, two years after I bought the pipe, I had to move. Never saw the pipe again, always looked through boxes to see if I could find it, always looking through bags to see if it was hiding. I finally got frustrated and went through my old closet today and lo and behold there was a bag in the corner looking rather unassuming but it peaked my interest. I opened it up and removed the first two pairs of gym shorts that were in there along with some old notes from my previous job and there it was laying there, the Nording pipe. I cleaned it up, oiled the stem, ran a couple pipe cleaners through it and lit up a bowl of 2010 dark English. What a great smoke
    RIP Don DeBusk, I miss you more than you’ll ever know my good friend.

Lakeland Bum Haebar's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    John (Tab)
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
    The first pipe I bought was probably six years ago, a Nording freehand natural, paid $65 for it. This was my first infatuation with pipes, I smoked a pipe when I was much younger in my teens but never at this stage of my life to this point. The pipe was also my dads so I didn’t buy it. Long story short, two years after I bought the pipe, I had to move. Never saw the pipe again, always looked through boxes to see if I could find it, always looking through bags to see if it was hiding. I finally got frustrated and went through my old closet today and lo and behold there was a bag in the corner looking rather unassuming but it peaked my interest. I opened it up and removed the first two pairs of gym shorts that were in there along with some old notes from my previous job and there it was laying there, the Nording pipe. I cleaned it up, oiled the stem, ran a couple pipe cleaners through it and lit up a bowl of 2010 dark English. What a great smoke
    I know that somewhere in all my "stuff" there are some pipes that have sentimental value to me. At least I know that I didn't sell them along the way. One of them is a Mastercraft sandblast billiard that I gave my Dad as a gift in the past. I got it back when he passed away. He was pretty hard on his pipes, but fortunately this one was not too bad. There are some other pipes that I have stashed along the way - hoping to come across them soon.

3. Likes Scott W., Brimy, Lostmason liked this post
    rød hals Lostmason's Avatar  Cigar Bum Sponsor
    First Name
    Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the process of hiding some pipes for my son to find after I'm gone.
    Mainly cause my wife says she's gonna sell em all to pay for my funeral.
    In truth though,I have a few here and there but the ones that went missing
    are long gone. I've been thru all the hiding places and closets. My Brother
    and I were the first smokers in at least two generations so there weren't
    any "hand-me-downs".My son on the other hand has three good pipes and
    one cheap pipe that I've given him. Along with about a pound of tobacco.
    I'll help him with his hobby, but he has do some of it on his own.
    “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
    ― Bil Keane

5. Likes Haebar liked this post