Matthew
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josh lucky 13 View Post
    Now you have to mail in your lighter or cutter. I sent in my axia as it was leaking out the burner. They replaced it but didn't send me an axia. In fact it's a cheaper lighter than what I sent in. On the plus side it only took a week but I want my axia back!
    Got a sweet gunmetal set like pics related around December 2018, but my lighter was all metal, no plastic sides. $100 - not too bad. The lighter had a defect after a couple months where the gas would continously discharge - you could hear it. Went back to the B&M I purchased the set from, and they mailed the lighter back, and said 2-3 weeks tops on the return. Almost 1.5-2 months later it returns. I wasn't mad, because I was glad Xikar stuck to their return policy. However, when I got it back, it was just like pic related, but black cheapish sides instead of my all metal lighter. Informed the B&M, they looked through their warehouse and couldn't find the exact one I originally had. They contacted Xikar, and was told it was discontinued. Had Xikar contacted me prior to sending a shitting one, they would still have me as a loyal customer. I'm done with them for now and will look into other brands in the future.

First Name
    Josh
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang View Post
    Got a sweet gunmetal set like pics related around December 2018, but my lighter was all metal, no plastic sides. $100 - not too bad. The lighter had a defect after a couple months where the gas would continously discharge - you could hear it. Went back to the B&M I purchased the set from, and they mailed the lighter back, and said 2-3 weeks tops on the return. Almost 1.5-2 months later it returns. I wasn't mad, because I was glad Xikar stuck to their return policy. However, when I got it back, it was just like pic related, but black cheapish sides instead of my all metal lighter. Informed the B&M, they looked through their warehouse and couldn't find the exact one I originally had. They contacted Xikar, and was told it was discontinued. Had Xikar contacted me prior to sending a shitting one, they would still have me as a loyal customer. I'm done with them for now and will look into other brands in the future.
    Sounds similar to what happened to me I still want to replace my axia tho

3. Likes chain_gang, SoCal gunner liked this post
    Bummin' Around Rocket Scientologist's Avatar
    First Name
    Brad
    Ring Gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can totally understand your frustration, we all have our favorites, and we want companies who respect their customers. It sucks that they didn't at least send your Axia back to you.

That being said, I have the older version of the ELX, the Element, and I love it. I use it all the time and have never had any issues.

I'm just saying, maybe give it a try. It doesn't excuse what Xikar did, but you might find you like the new lighter.
    I'm not a Scientologist, I just build Xenu's spacecraft.

5. Likes josh lucky 13, AlanS liked this post